Monday, December 21, 2015

The Jesus of Bethlehem

by A. J. Tomlinson
 
(Excerpts: Originally printed in the WWM, 12/15/1923)

Joyous Christmas times! They come every year to remind us of the Saviour who was born in the little town of Bethlehem not far from Jerusalem. The story is an old one, but it is ever fresh and interesting. The prophets had told the story long before it became a fact. "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel" (Matt. 2:6).

I assure you that nothing can afford you more real heavenly joy than to remember the little Jesus and the circumstances surrounding His miraculous birth, what He came for and what He has done for you. O, life, life, the more abundant life that we get through Christ can never be too greatly appreciated by those who have obtained it. I almost leap and shout at the top of my voice as I give this message now. I cannot describe my feelings and the exhilarating joy that floods my soul... I want every one of you to feel it. May these Christmas times be the most joyous of any we ever experienced as we remember the precious babe of Bethlehem.

No comments:

Post a Comment